II. Autumn School
Autumn School, Master Class | all-day | Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists
This II. Autumn School at the Center History of Women Philosophers and Scientists offers units on the thoughts of women philosophers from 1600-1900 for advanced students who are interested in the history of women philosophers.
Units are offered on:
– Christina of Sweden (1626-1689)
– Olympe de Gouges (1748-1793)
– Mary Wollstonecraft (1759-1797)
– Sophie de Grouchy, Marquise de Condorcet (1764-1822)
as well as lectures on modern women philosophers from 1600-1900.
– Mary Ellen Waithe, Ph.D., professor emerita at Cleveland State University, USA
– Sandrine Bergès, Ph.D., professor at Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
– Susanna Åkerman-Hjern, Ph.D., Swedenborg Foundation, Stockholm, Sweden
Since the courses are organized in units (one in the morning and one in the afternoon), participants can select units according to their interest.
The courses start with an opening ceremony on Tuesday, October 3rd at 6 pm and end with a closing ceremony on Friday, October 6th at 6 pm.
Participation is free. The classes will be held in English.
To apply, please send a one-page CV and a brief letter of motivation (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20th.
Organizers: Ruth Hagengruber, director of the Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists and Julia Lerius, project coordinator at the Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists.
- 3 - 6 October 2017
- Paderborn University
- Warburger Straße 100
Paderborn, NRW 33100 Germany
- Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists