Women Philosophers in South-Eastern Europe – Past, Present and Future
Conference | all-day | Research Center for Women in Philosophy
The Research Center for Women in Philosophy organizes a conference under the title: Women Philosophers in South-Eastern Europe – Past, Present and Future. The goal of the conference is to gather and exchange information on past and present women philosophers in South-Eastern Europe as well as future perspectives of women in philosophy in this region. There are two premises of the conference. The first is that while the research on women philosophers of the rest of Europe has been under way in the last few decades – or at least there is a significant growth in number and quality of scholarly texts on British, French, German, Italian etc. women philosophers –, there is little scholarly information on women philosophers of South-Eastern Europe. The second is that there is relatively little contact and mutual collaboration between presently active South-East European women philosophers as well as researchers on gender philosophy and gender-aware history of philosophy of the region.
With these challenges in mind, possible topics would include the following themes:
- the situation with women philosophers in your country in the past:
- how many women philosophers were there in the past, their works, activities etc.
- one particular woman philosopher of the past who stands out;
- the situation with women philosophers in your country now:
- what is the overall situation with professional (and amateur) women philosophers in your country nowadays;
- what is the situation with gender studies and feminist theories in your country;
- what are the expectations for the future), are women promoted to study humanities/philosophy, etc.? how does the job market for women philosophers in your country look like?
We are open to different ideas and formats. The main idea, however, is to meet (at least online) and exchange knowledge about the situation of women philosophers in our respective countries and get to know each other which might help us establish further collaborations.
The Conference will take place online, via Microsoft Teams platform.
Conference date: December 15 – 17, 2020.
There is no Conference fee.
There are still some presentation slots available – so if you are interested in an active (or passive) participation, let us know at the following email: email@example.com