From July 18-21 the IAPh (International Association of Women Philosophers) Congress will take place in hybrid format at the Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists, Paderborn University. The IAPh congress 2021 with the slogan Defining the Future, Rethinking the past will be devoted to the most pressing issues of our future: In times of rapid technological progress, climate change, and economic turmoil, we present women’s contributions on the philosophy of economics, philosophy of technology, and ecology/environmental ethics. Moreover, given the initial aim of IAPh and the research focus of the Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists, we also seek to discover and reassess the role of women philosophers. Many talks and sessions are thus devoted to women in the history of philosophy.
The IAPh Congress 2021 features 16 keynote speakers, more than 160 talks, sessions, workshops and much more.
All students, graduate students and PhD students are invited to register for the IAPh Summer School. You will receive an official digital IAPh Summer School Certificate as well as 3 ECTS points. To be part of the IAPh summer school, please follow these steps:
1. Register at the IAPh Conference: https://historyofwomenphilosophers.org/defining-the-future-rethinking-the-past-iaph-2021/, https://events.uni-paderborn.de/event/118/registrations/84/
2. To register for a IAPh summer school certificate please send the documents below to: email@example.com. Please remember to include “Summer School Certificate IAPh” in all email correspondences.
a) Documents required for the summer school registration (by 17/07):
– short CV (1 pages max.)
– research question on one or two concepts that guide your paper
– chose 10 talks/sessions with a view to your research topic from the IAPh booklet
– alternatively, you can choose to attend three days in the Workshop on Women in Early Phenomenology
b) Document required after the IAPh conference (by 31/07):
– Send a document of 2000 words in total to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please remember to include “Summer School Certificate IAPh” in all email correspondences.
– write 200 words each about your 10 selected talks with a view to your research topic /
Your 10 texts should all be connected by your research topic
You will receive your IAPh Summer School Certificate by 30/09.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at the exciting online venue!